- 2 cups coarse cornmeal for polenta
- 6 cups chicken stock, cold
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sandy Oaks Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Combine polenta, chicken stock and milk in a large saucepan and stirring quite often, bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat, stirring often, until thickened, about 30 minutes or until cornmeal is no longer grainy to the taste. Add more stock, milk or water if needed until polenta is cooked. Stir in the parmesan and butter and mix well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serve hot or pour into a well buttered or parchment line baking pan and refrigerate. When it has firmed up, cover with plastic wrap.
When polenta is firm and cold, it can be cut into shapes that can be baked or sauteed. Drizzle with Sandy Oaks Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Serving Size: 6